The Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ Security team provide an effective and efficient security service, with the primary objective of providing a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and authorised visitors. Security also engages with both external stakeholders (such as members of the local community and service providers) plus internal stakeholders such as staff and student groups.
New to Âéw¶¹´«Ã½? Get an overview of safety at university with the .
The services that we provide include:
- Active security provision across the campus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Operating a sophisticated CCTV surveillance systemâ€‹ in a puâ€‹rpose built control room
- First response to incidents and first assessments of emergency situations
- Identifying and implementing effective crime reduction measures
- Monitoring and administrating the control of access to buildings outside of core hours
- Controlling access to buildings outside of core hours
- Conducting security surveys and investigating inappropriate behaviour by students and staff
- Working in conjunction with our partners in local government and Leicestershire Police
- Management of parking enforcement, working in conjunction with First Parking
- Providing the most appropriate and up to date security and personal safety advice and training to staff, students and visitors to the campus
- Dedicated Halls of Residence attendants
- Building wardens
Campus police contacts
Campus police officer
The Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ Security team works closely with the police. Our Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ campus police officer, PC Lee, is based on campus; you will often see him walking around our site. He can be contacted via the Estates helpdesk or security.
PC Lee says:
"Feel free to approach me on your travels and stop me for a chat, I will do my best to answer any of your concerns and offer you advice on how to keep you and your belongings safe during your exciting time here at Âéw¶¹´«Ã½."
Other police contacts
In an emergency: If a crime is happening now, is about to happen, or has just happened, call 999 and ask for the police. For non-emergencies, you can also contact Leicester police by calling 101.
If you need to report a non-emergency crime or incident, you can .
To report information 100% anonymously, you can .
To visit us in person, our reception is located within the Estates Services Building, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.â€‹â€‹â€‹ The Estates Services Building can be found opposite the Campus Centre and Gateway House (building number 12 on the Campus Map).
Contact us by phone on 0116 2577642 (extension 7642), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also follow your Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ Security Team on Facebook and Twitter.
Tell us about an incident of hate, harassment or sexual misconduct - anonymously.
Find out more